External Wall Insulation
for the outside of a building
To insulate a solid wall from the outside, a layer of insulation material is fixed to the walls with mechanical fixings and adhesive, then covered with protective layers of render or cladding.
Lightweight External Wall Insulation system with a wide range of versatile and attractive finishes.
- Extends the life of existing buildings by keeping the old structure warm and stable
- Facilitates the decoration and remodelling of existing, tired facades
- Simplifies wall construction within the new build sector
weber.therm XM is a high performance external wall insulation system protected by meshcloth reinforced polymer renders.
weber.therm XM systems when applied to a masonry substrate have BBA approval covering various types of insulation and many render finishes.
Features & Benefits
- Provides efficient thermal insulation for refurbishment and new build projects
- Comprehensive range of colours and textures enable the creation of striking visual effects
- Has a high performance water shedding range of finishes to protect the building fabric
- Low K-value insulants allow thinner insulation to be used or higher standards to be achieved
- Eliminates interstitial condensation by creating a 'warm wall' construction
- Suitable for, and effective on most buildings - including lightweight steel frame structures and in-fill panels
- Supported by comprehensive technical and architectural services
The weber.therm XM external wall insulation (EWI) system has achieved the 'Energy Saving Recommended' label from the Energy Saving Trust (EST). The EST sets energy efficiency standards for the housing industry that go beyond current building regulations. Covering good, best and advanced practice, they provide an integrated package of measures for all aspects of energy saving for new build and refurbishment.
- BBA approved certificate no. 91/2691
- NSAI approved certifications 06/0260 and 09/0338
The weber.therm XM External Wall Insulation (EWI) system holds BBA and NSAI Agrément (Irish Agrément Board) Certification and is fully compliant with current Building Regulations.
Associated Weber Products
There is wide range of associated products available, including masonry biocide, render undercoat, render topcoat, and various paint finishes. weber.therm XM is available with textured, smooth or brick effect finishes.
Installation - Complete solution available
Please note that this product requires specialist installation by fully trained contractors.
Eco Building Products are able to arrange a full service - please call us on 01778 380661 or use the Contact form.